We want visitors to our website to be able to take part fully in the products and offers we provide. We also want to make sure that when we collect information from you, we do so in a way that does not infringe your right to privacy.
Please read the following carefully because by visiting www.partykangaroo.co.uk, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Party Kangaroo as applicable (each referred to in this policy as "we").
Why do we collect Personal Information
Party Kangaroo collects and uses your personal information to allow us to process your online orders, and any competitions you may have entered, as well as giving us the opportunity to provide you with excellent customer service. We may require this information to contact you regarding an order.
How we collect Personal Information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise and we will only use that information as we specifically state when you provide that information or as set out in this policy. Some examples of the information we collect and how we use it are:
Promotions: We regularly run competitions and, in additon to your answer or entry, we will require you to send us certain infromation, such as your name and email address. We will only use this information to administer the promotion and for any other purpose which you consented when you entered.
Email and other contact details: You may wish to contact us from time to time by sending us emails or by filling out contact forms on our website. We will onlu use this information to respond to your query or suggestion.
We only collect your information through a secure server.
Do we disclose Personal Information?
No, we don't discose your personal information to any third party unless it is requried to provde you with the products and services we offer. For example, you may interact with third parties such PayPal or WorldPay when making payment. You have the option to manage your data with these third parties in the same way you would with us.
Access to your Personal Information and Your Rights
You always have access to the information we hold about you. To review and update your personal information, simply log into your account. You can also contact us directly to request additonal information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The catergories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
If you believe any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, you have the right to request us to correct it as soon as possible. Your rights also extend to asking us to erase all your personal data and to restrict how it is processed in line with data protection laws.
Some of your personal data may be retained to meet certain regulatory requirements. Basic personal details such as your name, address, email address and phone number is retained for a period of 6 years, after which this data will be destroyed.
Data relating to marketing will be kept until you instruct us not to do so. When you withdraw your right to use your data for direct marketing, your email address and name will be removed from our mailing list.
We take certain measures to make sure your personal data stays secure. We work hard to protect your information from unauthorised access or disclosure, and we have specific protocols in place including:
- SSL encryption so your data is always encrypted in transit
- Restricting access to personal data on a need to know basis by named employees
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
The following is strictly necessay in the operation of our website.
This website will:
- Remember what is in your shopping basket
- Remember where you are in the order process
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
The following are not Stricly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
This Website Will
- Track the pages you visit via Google Analytics
This Website Will:
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook (if available)